lördag 4 augusti 2012

New injectors makes a difference

Before we went on a small camping trip I replaced the injectors (finally). I suspect that the old injectors were really bad, one was probably leaking compression too. It seems these nozzles can be pretty much Scheit and still deliver heaps of power.

Anyway, as written below the new nozzles are a tiny bit bigger. If that is making a difference or not, I don't know. But there is a uge difference...

One of the copper rings was stuck. I was forced in the end to get it out with ugly tricks. Unfortunately I damaged the injector seat a bit but I think it doesn't really matter.

How is the engine now? When running cold it still knocks a bit at idle but more distinct than before. When it's warm idling is very smooth. I had to adjust the idle as it ran pretty high.
There is WAY more ompf! It didn't smoke when giving full pedal before. Know it does for real! Remember, the nozzles aren't that much bigger.
And best of all; the engine is noticable quiter. High way is now a comfort ride even for the people in the back seat.
I'll retard the pump a tenth or two which will loose a little bit of revving happiness but it will make it even more quiet.

If you can you should replace the nozzles.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar