söndag 22 april 2012

Interior rework


Finally time to work on my own bus!
There are a bunch of major upgrades coming this spring. New red paint, roof rails, new trans and a long term plan to rework the entire interior. There's really nothing that is worn or bad but I miss that 'how nice' feeling. I have the sewing stuff, been doing upholstery before so I'll do it my own this time as well. On top of that I'll be in the house and not the workshop when doing it so the family will see me more often. I hope for some sunny evenings soon so I can do the work on the teracce. :-)
These are the colours, might not be correct with a smart phone camera but you'll get the idea. They are extremely tough fabrics and will stay fresh for years to come.



I really like "French stiches", which is a triple seam. Looks good, easy made and super strong. I will use this seam on all exposed areas, and then a straight double seam on all other places.
The thread itself is a heavy duty polyester thread that is impossible to break by hand.

1 kommentar:

  1. Fasen, Svenne, är det något du inte behärskar!

    Jag tänkte göra något liknande och behöver tips på tyg. Ditt ser ut som mocka, men det är det väl inte? Får jag fråga vad det är för tyg och var du köpt det.

    Undrar Martin

    SvaraRadera