måndag 19 september 2011

Everything is under control again :)

New cooler installed! 
I rinsed the cooling system with detergent, an old mechanic recommended me to do that. I filled the system up with fresh water mixed with "Ariel White" and drove around with it for an hour or so. I'll tell you it didn't work that well. A lot of oil was still there and came out as chunks when I flushed the system. I rinsed the system with soap and hot water for another hour (both forward and reverse direction) and I think it was as good as I could get it. 
Once again flushed with fresh water and filled up with red coolant. 

First check after driving there was a new layer of oil on the surface of the expansion tank. Not strange though as the coolant reach 90 deg C. I removed that layer of oil and after another session of driving it seems to be clear. 
I'm keeping an extra eye on the coolant and oil level, but I think it's all OK now. 110 km's of driving later and everything is smooth operating.

What to do next?
Noise reduction
For sure the open filter is generating most of the noise, I'll make a real filter box later on.
Mud flaps that also turns in between the wheel and the engine compartment and a front lip in front of the engine will make the underside noise to bounce away from the coupé. I know it works from a previous bus, will make it here too.

Except that, driving around and have fun! :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar