torsdag 6 maj 2010

Disassembling

Started to disassembe the engine to replace the diesel pump, water pump, the cam belt and all the other standard stuff.

Some picture notes...
It's a cluster of water temp sensors, four of them. I think I'll use one...
The turbo has a lot of play, I haven't decided but I think it will be replaced by the turbo on the extra head (that I happen to have...). The engine was already out when I bought it, so there are some questions left. Like: what are the red and blue rubber hoses for? No VNT, easy to work with but gives lag. It's supposed to be a work house and not a performer though so I prefer the simpleness.
The EGR is mechanic, I have to find out if it's just to plug it to the inlet (don't think so) or if it can be controlled some way. Some people remove them, I think it's a system with a purpose so I'll save it if it's possible.
Did two simple tools to lock the cam and the crankshaft, works like a charm. The toothed tool is locked down with a cable tie and that 13/16 is something I haven't and will never use anyway. Finally a usage for inch tools. :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar