torsdag 21 juli 2011

Jesper in panic mode

A friend of mine made a long trip with his bus, on the way back from Portugal (its 3400 km one way to Pt from here) the head gasket blew in Hamburg. The workshop tried to fix it but the gasket blew again. A new head was the only way to go and they offered a new for € 2000. And on top of that - the kids had to get back to Stockholm before the weekend...
A short term rental car, drive the family home, try to source a new head with no success. The car - rented in Hamburg - must get back. Jesper called me on the phone when we were heading for a pool adventure. "I can't find a head. I'm in panic. For real!"
As soon as we got back I started to take the head of from the old bus engine. Jesper was supposed to drive immediately to Hamburg when he had the parts. A 10 hours drive non stop.
First bolt made a loud cracking noise and I was 100 % sure my tool jumped. How could that happen?! I've been taking a number of heads off! J got really stressed up, drove back home to get his tool, only to find out it was the same size!
So we tried again and the same loud crack occured. But hang on, didn't the bolt move?.. It actually did and the noise wasn't the tool, it was the stretch bolt itself! I've never heard anything like it. All bolts came loose and J drove over the entire city for no reason. It only made his time window for the car shorter. Good for him it keeps him awake... :-)

Good luck J!

1 kommentar:

  1. Jesper is on the way back home, the bus is running again! :)

    SvaraRadera