onsdag 27 juli 2011

New left side mount and servo rework.

The left side mount conflicts with the turbo so a new has to be done. It came out a little bit ugly. The steel sheets of a good thickness was "short in stock". But hey, it does the work anyway...
I also found out that my super compact servo mount was sitting too high. The servo belt wheel was very tight to the engine bar. I took the old JX bracket and cut it of and made a new mount that fits to the TDI engine. Now it's ok but not as tight as before, but still - I think it was too tight.  I know other people had the same issue so it ended up with a customization of the engine bar as well. A cut out on one side and a reinforcement on the other. Now there's plenty of space for the pump.
The oil filler tube came really high compared to the rear hatch. After some input from thesamba.com and my friend David I think it's a combo of wrong pipe and the gasser AAP gearbox mount which is lower. I solved it with a cut and a weld. :-)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar