onsdag 3 november 2010

Cable fire

When I did the first test runs with the engine, a cable suddenly started burning. Well, it was not just a cable, it was the alternator cable! I found a shortage point when I removed the old engine and I did fix that. But I found out the hard way that the cable was in such a poor condition it was just luck it didn't catch fire when Peter drove the bus to me. I dropped a bucket with coolant in the compartment and I tell you I have never been removing a battery that fast...
Now the cable is just a piece of melted copper, so I made a new one with all connections to other electric parts as well. I'm not a fan of those squeeze couplings, they tend to "unsqueeze" so I solder cables. These are really thick, they are not super easy to solder. Anything goes with fire though. :)


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar