fredag 5 november 2010

new exhaust - double noise reduction

Went to the spare parts place yesterday with my little son Valter (yep, he has VW as initials. His little brother as well...), he had a full time adventure and I was mostly busy keeping that adventure not-being-an-expensive-one-of-a-kind... That little piece of human being got energy for sure.
Anyway, we bought an extra muffler. I was 100 % sure it with kill a lot of the low end sound, We bought an end silencer from a Volvo 740 to keep everything simple. The existing big can is now pretty empty on steel wool, but it's too close to the down pipe so the gases are probably killing it, I simply left it as is. So tonight I turned the existing left-side exhaust towards the right side, welded a new bend and with an extension crossing the engine I connected the new silencer on the right side. The pipe is pretty close to the engine but I think it will not be hot there, the gases should be cooled down already. The setup turned out very nice. 
If there's a noise reduction?
Well, let me rephrase that: Does the bear shit in the woods?! It's now much much better than I ever could expect!

Now, I actually only have to rebuild the wooden frame on top of the compartment. On wednesday Peter is picking the bus up..:)

2 kommentarer: