måndag 10 maj 2010

After milling, before paint

 

Now two of the rims have a center that will fit on the front hubs. I like milling with index tables. :)
The bracket for the diesel pump is also opened up. The pump goes in nice and easy. It's really awkward to rig the bracket in the mill so I skipped the mount holes. Either I do them by hand or I'll open up the holes in the pump. The need to be "elliptic" so the pump can rotate a degree or two while still mounted for timing adjustment.

I left the wheels in the morning and could pick them up already in the afternoon, blasted and ready for some paint! They look relly good and I think they will be nice with black metallic. Priming, filler and painting-time, are they on the pickup in the weekend?..


1 kommentar:

  1. Hi,

    I have Land Rover pump 0460 414 099 and 1.9TDI 1Z. It seems that 1Z original pump bracket hole is 50mm and Land Rover pump is 68mm. So basically you just opened/milled the original bracket and shield from 50mm to 68mm?

    SvaraRadera