lördag 8 maj 2010

More engine work



 
Ripped the electronic pump off today and did some measuring. I have to open up the center hole in the mount for the new pump and make a new back plate or modify the old one. The new pump alternator house is mirrored so I can't switch the old back plate onto the new pump directly. It's a minor work, just a little bit irritating.

David knew exactly what the "four water sensors" are (see this post), only the blue is for temperature - the other three is a water heater cluster! They're not mounted on all TDI's, only on cars sold to countries with cold weather (like our bloody winter). They help the engine temp up to working temp faster. But they consume a lot of electrical power, I'm not sure I'll use them because of that. David told me about a friend of his that made another solution; rotate the EGR valve 180 degrees, make a water/exhaust heat exchange tank and use the exhaust gases to heat up the engine faster. When the temp is up, close the EGR. Super simple and smart idea. That's now planned for my engine.

Anyone got info about my turbo? This one seems to have more axial and radial play than the other turbo I have (same model). Either I buy a rebuild kit on eBay and refresh this one or I'll switch turbo with the other head I have on the shelf. Haven't decided yet...

And BTW, I do know what the red and blue rubber hoses are for. It was just a nerdy joke. :)


Not much left to do, time to reassemble!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar