onsdag 12 maj 2010

Wheel fixin' part II, diesel pump testing


Just waiting for clear coat. Super nice result!
I couldn't resist, I had to fix the wheel right away. Zinc priming, some putty where the road salt had eaten the aluminium, one layer of filler and then colour. When I sprayed the black at the inside of the rims I changed my mind, the outer side is now gray metallic instead of the deep black. The image doesn't really show the real look, the rim in the background is more natural than the one in the front. I'll clear coat them today with 2K UHS clear, and then it's time to add the tyres. 

 
 

The updated mount bracket works well and the 1Z cam belt wheel fits the pump, the belt line is still parallel so it's really spot on. I had to open up the belt cover too (the black shield in the pictures) to get the pump in place. I found though that the outlets on the pump is longer than the old ones, so I have to move them over from the old pump. By doing that I can reuse to old fuel lines.

Hmmm... Is this TDC on a 1Z?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar