tisdag 18 maj 2010

Spacers needed, and other bolts.

The rims are 16x7" ET 45, and it's known that the ET is too high to fit directly. The images are taken with 10 mm spacers, so the effective ET is now at 35. It seems many people are using spacers to get down at ET 30 or even lower, but I don't see any other reason than getting the wheel further out (which on the other hand looks better on the Caravelle). For me it's enough with a moderate adustment. I'll go with 10 mm in front and 5 mm in the rear. The rear spacer is actually not needed but the bolts I've found are long enough and I have the spacers. Easy choice.
I think I'll make new center caps instead of modifying the old ones. One idea was to pop out the VW logo and replace it with something else. Like a fake center nut. But if I'm going to make the fake nut I can make new caps. Why not go the whole way?..


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar